Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Channel 11 Coverage of Archbishop Dolan

Well, I made it through 3 full hours of live coverage of Archbishop Dolan's installation as 13th bishop and 10th Archbishop of New York. Working with Mary Murphy and Jim Watkins was a joy; they took such great care of me.

One question Jim asked me off air and then on as well was "What do you think the reaction of a man is when he receives that phone call from the Nuncio, a great sense of accomplishment and recognition, the way a man feels when he is elected CEO?" I said, no from having spoken with more than one bishop, the man feels completely humbled. And I'm sure that was true of Archbishop Dolan today as well.

The homily thanks to Rocco. Among the best I've ever heard.

God bless the new Archbishop of New York, Timothy Dolan, and thank God for the gift that Cardinal Egan was for these past 9 years.