Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mother - The Fourth Station

The Fourth Station: Jesus meets his sorrowing Mother

V. We adore you O Christ and we praise you
R. Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.

Mary had said to the angel, "Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word." That's how it all started, with an angel and a "yes". Then there were angels at the birth.

Where are the angels now? And the shepherds? And the Wise Men? Where the gold, frankincense, and myrrh? Where is the wood of the manger, of his cradle? He had spent so much of his life in the carpenter shop, surrounded by wood. Later, he was often in boats made of wood. Why this huge cross of wood? what has my son done? Where are the "hosannas" of just a few days ago?

I stood by my son so often in life, so will I now as he goes to die.